Here's what early readers have said:
- Mike Schmoker, best-selling author of Focus, calls it "among the most helpful, passionate, practical, insightful teaching resources I have ever come across."
- Jim Burke, classroom teacher and author of numerous classics for teachers, says "[Dave] is all about becoming a better thinker, reader, writer, speaker, person—and teacher, and showing us how we can do the same."
- Gerald Graff and Cathy Birkenstein, best-selling authors of They Say, I Say, call it "wonderful... refreshingly devoid of Educationese."
But wait... there's more!
- "If you're searching for balance as a teacher of literacy, search no further. [This book] offers a calming voice for a frenzied profession." --Barry Gilmore, principal and author of Academic Moves for College and Career Readiness
- "Combining a little theory and a lot of practice, Stuart shares practical, powerful ways to make all students successful." --Erik Palmer, national speaker and author of Well-Spoken and Own Any Occasion
- "[A] joyful shot in the arm for experienced teachers as well as for novices." --ReLeah Cossett Lent, author of This is Disciplinary Literacy
Here's a look at the inside:
The book's release date is July 24, 2018. Sign up below to hear about pre-order incentives. Share this form with any colleagues you think might be interested.