These templates will help you and your children plan healthy lunches:
- Select one (or more) item from each category (grains, proteins, fruits, vegetables, treats and beverages) for a balanced lunch.
- Ensure a healthy meal by including whole foods.
- Give children choices, so they will eat what you pack. Younger children can use the template with images and older children and adults can use the template with text.
- Include fruits and vegetables, plus nutrients for brain health in every lunch.
- Increase variety by choosing from the different options.
- Use templates to start discussions about what you eat and how food nourishes body.